That's life in Singapore and other spots that i might appear in.

Sunday, May 28, 2006

21st May - Birthday dinner @ parents'

The best meals are the ones that keeps your tummy warm and are cooked with lots of love of you in mind. So every birthday, when mum and dad asked what do i want to eat on my birthday, its usually my mum's cooking. :-)

At 6:45pm, we arrived at my parents' newly upgraded apartment in Toa Payoh, i went in to greet mum who is busy in the kitchen with multiple pots cooking on the stove and dad singing to his favorite Elvis's album. It is a joy taking in all the lovely fragance coming from these assorted pots. My favorite item from every meal is double boiled soup (Cantonese style)... Soup is like soul food for the chinese.

For my special day, mum prepared 'Braised pork with peanut soup', one of my favorite. Dad knows my love for roast duck (one similar love of ours) and made sure he got some from a roast meat restaurant nearby. In my family, a dish of fresh, steamed fish with mushroom is a 'MUST' for any celebration. All in all, plus curry chicken and spinach with abalone in abalone sauce, it was a BIG BIG meal !


I ate, ate and ate ...
How can i resist when all the dishes are my favorite ? :-P



Well, we watched a version of 'Decoding The Da Vinci Code' on Channel News Asia and started the whole discussion on speculated truths of the book and everyone in my family pondered at the 'The Last Supper' portrait we have hanging by the dining room.

To conclude on the Da Vinci Code movie's many points of view, i say, 'Who cares as long as you stay true to your beliefs.' And why not, if it make the lay catholics ponder harder about the history of the church and go in search of the truth ?

This is day 3 of Angie's birthday celebration ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home